David. 20. Single. Basketball is my life. Rapping is my hobby. Friends mean the world to me, and I love making new ones. Don't be afraid to hit up the message box or to ask a question. ;D Youtube: GemelloRaps.

 

tashabilities:

cognitivedissonance:

lancrebitch:

snapsynapses:

panicatthehowelllester:

phunkyvanspam:

supercalifraginatural:

nerfherdersftw:

I just.. THIS SENTENCE WILL IGNITE AND FUEL MANY DREAMS

I have scrolled down this about 5 times and it has almost made me cry every time omg

image

When they panned to Benedict crying, my heart cried

Ok, so I’ve seen this on my dash several times in the past few months, and I’m tired of it: can we maybe NOT take the public struggles and triumphs of a black woman and make it all about a British white guy’s feelings? Like, I’m sorry, her speech wasn’t enough to make your heart cry until you saw Benedict Cumberbatch shedding tears over it? But seriously, if anything should have twisted the knife that Lupita’s speech had jammed into your heart, it was Chiwetel Ejiofor’s expression in the foreground. Compared to the the pain, the pride, the joy on that man’s face…if the white guy crying in the background was what got you, then you weren’t paying attention to what the woman said in the first place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Boom goes the dynamite

snapsynapses for president

Snapsynapses you’re a moron. She said “no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid” not “hey everyone but white people, your dreams are valid”. So whether it’s a white man crying or a black man being proud, how about acknowledging 3 human beings doing different things in one gif set to make people emotional instead of discriminating against white people.

(Source: rubyredwisp)

Anonymous asked
why isn't it a problem when m.i.a raps? why is it ok to have chicano rap/asian rap/ etc? But as soon as white people try it you all lose your shit?

thisaintfayou:

dknovak:

kyssthis16:

That’s so cute and simplistic. Did you work on this question all week or…? No one cares when white people try to rap. We care when they don’t represent their authentic selves or are plain untalented. We don’t care that Eminem is white. He’s not out her performing sonic blackface, despite being from the Detroit Metro Area. Yelawolf sounds like a southern rapper because… he’s a southern rapper. Homeboy is from Alabama. His voice is his. Hell, we didn’t even care about Bubba Sparxxx. Homeboy is from Georgia. Plus, Ms. New Booty is still a bop, so.. *shrugs*

Iggy literally sounds like something out of Malibu’s Most Wanted. Protip: that movie was not a documentary. This sheila is claiming she’s in the “murda bidness”. Homegirl grew up in Mulllumbimby, New South Wales, on a fucking farm. What the fuck was she murdering? Chickens? The hopes and dreams of her parents? What? You tell me. But she is flagrantly being dishonest and unauthentic. She sounds like all the mediocre parts of some of the premiere lady rappers throughout the years. She ain’t as cool in her delivery as Da Brat. She ain’t as raw and bold as Foxy or Trina. She ain’t as cute or skilled as Charli Baltimore. Iggy is what happens when generally mediocre white girls think they deserve to win and people who don’t know better let them. 

I get what this post is saying, besides that part at the beginning when you said “white people try* to rap”. But what doesn’t make sense is that just because a white rapper has a voice while rapping, they’re shot down, but the world accepts rappers like Young Thug, for example. Don’t tell me you can’t understand what this dudes saying 75% of the time, and the other 25% it’s the hook. And even then this dude sounds RIDICULOUS. The two things I don’t understand are 1) why he’s accepted and 2) that if a white rapper sounded like Young Thug, he’d get absolutely nowhere in the rap game.

That’s not even in the same league there. Even though Young Thug is vague and hard to enjoy for some, he’s at least a product of his environment.

He’s not born and raised Beverley Hills talking about selling dope and all things considered “urban”. He’s from Bankhead, Atlanta. A pretty rough neighborhood in Georgia.

What this post is saying is that how can Iggy appropriate being so “urban” when she’s from the farms of Australia? When she sounds like an ordinary Aussie one minute, then jumps on the track to sound like “Da Brat” the next? Where’s the authenticity?

It’s all about authenticity with music and she’s unpopular in the public’s eye due that Iggy isn’t real.

Well specifically, Young Thug could’ve had the worst life growing up, and instead of trying to sound like a real rapper, he’s probably too young to even know what that sounds like. I blame this generation of rap. Where it’s all about a beat and how your words SOUND and not what they say. Only thing they care about is the beat and the hook. The rest is just filler to them now.

But back to the point, I do believe that through music, you can express things based on how you were raised and from what you experienced in your environment. But you can’t say there aren’t LA, Tampa Bay, or any suburban area-born rappers out there, who make good music, and still talk about the same thing other rappers talk about.

They aren’t products of their environment, but they’re not picked apart just to prove that they aren’t.

It’s the fact that this post started not from “any rapper who is falsifying their come-up should be put to shame”, but from “any white guy or girl who tries to rap in a style that doesn’t correlate to their come-up should be shamed” that bothers me.

Anonymous asked
why isn't it a problem when m.i.a raps? why is it ok to have chicano rap/asian rap/ etc? But as soon as white people try it you all lose your shit?

kyssthis16:

That’s so cute and simplistic. Did you work on this question all week or…? No one cares when white people try to rap. We care when they don’t represent their authentic selves or are plain untalented. We don’t care that Eminem is white. He’s not out her performing sonic blackface, despite being from the Detroit Metro Area. Yelawolf sounds like a southern rapper because… he’s a southern rapper. Homeboy is from Alabama. His voice is his. Hell, we didn’t even care about Bubba Sparxxx. Homeboy is from Georgia. Plus, Ms. New Booty is still a bop, so.. *shrugs*

Iggy literally sounds like something out of Malibu’s Most Wanted. Protip: that movie was not a documentary. This sheila is claiming she’s in the “murda bidness”. Homegirl grew up in Mulllumbimby, New South Wales, on a fucking farm. What the fuck was she murdering? Chickens? The hopes and dreams of her parents? What? You tell me. But she is flagrantly being dishonest and unauthentic. She sounds like all the mediocre parts of some of the premiere lady rappers throughout the years. She ain’t as cool in her delivery as Da Brat. She ain’t as raw and bold as Foxy or Trina. She ain’t as cute or skilled as Charli Baltimore. Iggy is what happens when generally mediocre white girls think they deserve to win and people who don’t know better let them. 

I get what this post is saying, besides that part at the beginning when you said “white people try* to rap”. But what doesn’t make sense is that just because a white rapper has a voice while rapping, they’re shot down, but the world accepts rappers like Young Thug, for example. Don’t tell me you can’t understand what this dudes saying 75% of the time, and the other 25% it’s the hook. And even then this dude sounds RIDICULOUS. The two things I don’t understand are 1) why he’s accepted and 2) that if a white rapper sounded like Young Thug, he’d get absolutely nowhere in the rap game.

bvnds:

yungstank:

"I told you I was gonna find ya ass, where my money at, my nigga, come catch this fade"

Lmfao white ppl are cursed with bad luck


Why the fuck did that turn racial?^

bvnds:

yungstank:

"I told you I was gonna find ya ass, where my money at, my nigga, come catch this fade"

Lmfao white ppl are cursed with bad luck

Why the fuck did that turn racial?^